Bahmni has been implemented in numerous hospitals in India and in other countries. Currently, over 25 implementations are in progress across different parts of the world including Armenia, Georgia, Sierra Leone and Kazakhstan.
- Jan Swasthya Sahyog | Bilaspur, India
- Society for Education, Action and Research in Community Health | Gadchiroli, India
- Lok Biradari Prakalp | Gadchiroli, India
- Bayalpata Govt. Hospital, Possible Health | Achham, Nepal
- Dholaka Govt. Hospital, Possible Health | Charikot, Nepal
- Kaliganj Upazilla Hospital | Kaliganj, Bangladesh
- Gazipur District Hospital | Gazipur, Bangladesh
- Ashwini Gudalur Adivasi Hospital | Gudalur, India
- Wellbody Alliance Clinic | Kono, Sierra Leone
- Cure Uganda | Mbale, Uganda
In addition to the implementations we are aware of, we encourage the members of the community to implement the EMR independently.
Jan Swasthya Sahyog
"There are many criticisms of technology, indicating that it can take away the human element of health care. ThoughtWorks has shown us how technology can help, and still remain very human".
- Dr. Yogesh Jain, JSS
"You can't do surgery without a scalpel; you can't do healthcare in the 21st Century without digital systems. Bahmni is the best out there, designed with and for frontline healthcare workers, logisticians, and managers delivering high quality healthcare in challenging environments. Bahmni is not the global standard for quality, affordable digital healthcare systems -- it is defining that very standard."
- Duncan Maru - Co-Founder & Chief Strategy Officer, Possible Health, Nepal
Implemented in Nov 2014
Bahmni was implemented at Bayalpata Hospital in Nepal. Read more on Bahmni & Possible Health here.
Ministry of Health, Bangladesh
“The successful launch of life-time health records in Kaliganj Upazila of Gazipur district is a milestone for health service industry in Bangladesh. The partnership with ThoughtWorks and UKAID is enabling our vision to scale the shared health record platform nationally."
- Professor Azad, ADG (Administration) and Dir. (MIS) for DGHS
Implemented in 2015-2016
In order to advance universal health coverage, the Directorate General of Health Services (Bangladesh) piloted Bahmni as the clinical system in sub-district and district level hospitals, and integrated it with a national Shared Health Record (SHR) developed by ThoughtWorks.
Read more about Bahmni and the DGHS here.